When I was young, I had delusions of grandeur and how my life would be. I’ve adjusted. When I was pregnant, I too had delusions about how motherhood would be. Now, that I’ve been doing this motherhood thing for over 6 years, they too are gone!
But for your reading and laughing pleasure, here are the Top 10 Delusions of Motherhood:
9. I can do 5 loads of laundry in 3 hours.
8. My boys will always have their hair combed.
7. After the first few weeks, I’ll be able to sleep normally again.
6. I will be a put-together mom with clothing, hair and make-up done each day.
5. I will go to the bathroom by myself.
4. My child will listen to what I say and when he doesn’t, time-out will work.
3. My house will remain clean and orderly.
2. My child will not throw a fit in public.
1. Having children will not affect my sex life.
Having children changes everything!
Prayer Focus: struggling parents