My last thank you post was at 50 follower mark the first of August. It’s been too long! So here goes:
Thank you to the over 100 followers I now have from WordPress and FB!
Thank you for visiting my blog! I just had a record high of views yesterday.
Thank you for your likes and comments! They keep me encouraged to share more with you.
Thank you for sharing my sense of humor in life! If you can’t laugh at it, why bother?
Now to claim some awards:
The rules for accepting are as follows:
1. Link back to the blogger who nominated you.
2. Paste the award image on your blog.
3. Tell 7 facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other blogs that you would like to give the award to.
5. Contact the bloggers that you have chosen and let them know about the award.
Seven facts, huh? Well, there are 11 below, 7 on my previous award and a bunch on About Me. Take your pick.
Here are my nominees:
1. bottledworder – a writer’s support
2. Christian Mihai – an author with a great vision for irevuo, a platform meant to encourage and promote aspiring artists from around the world. It’s going to be an online magazine and a place where artists showcase their works. Check it out!
3. The Cubicle Views – always good for a laugh!
5. Doakonsult – Raunak and I have had some great correspondence. Always insightful and educational for me!
6. Faithrises – a bit of inspiration
8. Morning Story and Dilbert – Who doesn’t like comics in the morning?
10. The Rigneys – a family of faith and their adventures
11. Roadkill Crossing, and other tales from Amish Country – Beautiful images and stories
12. Short Sermons
13. To Be Aware – Ido is getting ready to launch a new site, but all the info is there. He’s looking for writers and has been extremely supportive of my work!
14. Transcendingborders – Tazein has also been extremely supportive of my work!
Thank you to Mae at lifessweetbittersurprises for nominating me for my first Liebster Award. As its German I automatically love it! Liebster (pronounce: leeb – stir) means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome. The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
The rules for accepting are as follows:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people you think deserves the Liebster award and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
Here are Mae’s questions and my answers:
1-2. What characteristic do you have that you want others to possess? Why?
Beside my irreverent sense of humor? Seriously, I wish everyone possessed my desire for learning and constant personal growth. I think it would make our world a better place if people realized that life is a journey, no one is perfect, and love is ultimate.
3-4. Do you believe in reincarnation? Why?
No. Two reasons. First, I am a Christian and we don’t do that. Second, I am going to steal an analysis from Raunak (nominated above), a fellow blogger in India, who has given this more serious thought than I, but it seems logical to me. Here’s a much simplified version of his argument: Reincarnation makes those who believe in it more lax about their personal responsibility in life. If they have another chance when they are positioned better socially, financially, etc., why try so hard to better yourself or advance in life? Since I believe you leave every place better than you found it, the concept of reincarnation seems counterintuitive to my being.
5-7. If you have the power to change things in the past, will you change it? What would it be? Why?
Initially, my gut response is Yes and a slew of moments, words, and actions that I’m not proud of flood my mind. Reflection brings clarity and I arrive at No. I believe, “In all things God works for the good of those who love him.” Romans 8:28 (Be proud Mike! I knew the address.) And while some of my choices are not the ones I would make if I was faced with the same scenario now, I also recognize that each of the those choices was part of the process that made me me.
8-9. If you wake up as the opposite sex, what will be the first thing you’ll do? Why?
Go to the bathroom…standing up. That’s what boys do when they wake up.
10-11. What’s the craziest thing you did for love? Do you regret it?
I’ve done a lot of crazy things for like, but my only love is Coach and I did a lot of crazy things. We like to say I chased him until he caught me. And I don’t regret it for a moment!
My 11 questions for the recipients:
1. Which art form offers you the truest expression for yourself?
2. In that art form, what is your most honest piece of expression?
3. What always makes you laugh?
4. What always makes you cry?
5. What is one thing that you can’t do that you’d love to be able to do?
6-7. What is your favorite book? Why does it affect you so?
8-9. What is your favorite movie or play? Why does it affect you so?
10. If you were given the opportunity to spend one more day with a friend or family member who has passed away, what would you do?
11. If you had won the $580 million Power Ball jackpot last night, what would you be doing today?
And here are my nominees (the under 200 followers is challenging):
2. Hidden in Jesus – Jessica is very supportive of my work too!
5. Momtimes4 – great blog by a mom of 4. ahh!
6. Mountains and Magnolias – one of my husband’s best friends. They just welcomed their 4th child yesterday! Congrats!
7. Normal Approximations – a mathematician and one of our dear friends who has a way with people and his faith.
11. Thirty Before 30 – my cousin, there must be a blogging gene somewhere!
Whew that was a lot! Now to notify everyone.
Please check out these blogs. They are all great in their own way!
And THANK YOU!